JMS Senior Living, in partnership with Select Rehabilitation, offers physical, occupational and speech therapy to short stay and long term residents. We are committed to providing individualized programs to meet each resident’s needs with outstanding results and excellent quality of care. All residents are empowered to meet and exceed goals in order to maximize their safety and independence. These can be covered by Medicare A, Medicaid B, and private funds.
Physical Therapy – The goal of the physical therapy department is to maximize function and independence. Through careful evaluation and planning, individual programs are developed.
Occupational Therapy – Our occupational therapy program focuses on maximizing independence in functional daily living skills. Treatment begins with an evaluation, then individual goals and needs are considered when establishing treatment programs.
Speech/Language Therapy – The speech therapy program focuses on maximizing communication and swallowing skills through individualized programs.
We provide nutritional services that enhances the resident’s dining experience. Menus incorporate seasonal foods, are appealing to our resident preferences and meet nutritional needs. Meals are individualized to meet our resident nutritional needs based on resident interviews of food preferences and specialized diets. Registered Dietitians work with our professional dietary and nursing team to achieve the highest possible nutritional status of our residents. Also, Registered Dietitians provide nutritional education for our employees, resident and families.
Technological innovation allows us to be a leader in the long term care industry. Technology implementation ensures resident safety and quality care with increased efficiency. Our technology features include:
- Wi-Fi capabilities for our residents, families and outside providers
- Wireless Nurse Call System
- Resident Security System
- Electronic Health Records
- Pharmacy Interface with our Electronic Health Records
- PassPort, in-house medication dispensing (Jefferson City Manor Care Center, Rolla Manor Care Center and St. Peters Manor Care Center)
We provide an extensive list of nursing care services to meet the individualized needs of each resident. Our nursing services include, but are not limited to:
- Care planning services
- Specialized wound care
- Restorative nursing
- IV therapy
- Specialized diets and internal feedings
- In-house radiology services
- In-house laboratory services
- Incontinence care
- Memory care
- Palliative/Hospice Care
- Respite care
We will provide safe, reliable transportation to your local medical appointments in our wheelchair accessible facility van. We will also work with you to arrange other means of transportation through local resources as necessary.
JMS Senior Living accepts the following payor types:
- Private Pay
- Private Insurance
- The admissions team will contact your insurance plan and discuss with you your benefits and coverage.
- Medicare A – coverage of skilled nursing care while receiving daily nursing or therapy services following a qualifying hospital stay.
- Medicare B – partial coverage of therapy if no qualifying hospital stay.
- Medicare D – pharmacy coverage
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- The admissions team will contact your provider and discuss with you your benefits and coverage.
- A JMS Senior Living representative will be available to discuss your qualifications for Medicaid and, in some situations, allow admission while your Medicaid is pending. The facility’s social services designee will be available to assist with your Medicaid application, as well as your annual Medicaid recertification, when you are already a resident.
- Long-term care insurance
- If needed, your provider will be contacted to check benefits and assistance will be available to help with the necessary paperwork to obtain payment.
We offer basic salon services to enhance our resident’s beauty. When they look good, they feel good. Some of our facilities now offer whirlpool tubs that are handicap accessible with multiple jets to offer a relaxing bathing experience. We also have new shower heads that can be adjusted to the heights that best fit each resident and make it easier on our staff while providing assistance with showers.
As people are living longer, more residents are being treated for memory impairment. This trend leads to an increased need for specialized memory care programs. Our memory care supports residents with Alzheimer’s, Dementia and other cognitive disorders. Our memory care offers a secure, structured environment with stimulating activities and trained staff provided around the clock care.